Green pest control is effective because it is scientific and is based on planning. Outside looking for austin organic pest control products, here are 3 essential steps of basic green pest control that can help you get rid of pests:
1. Identification & Monitoring
If you don’t exactly know what pests are bothering your household, you stand little chance of fighting them. There are, for instance, several species of ants that can invade your home and each one of these require specific treatment.
After identification you can proceed to monitoring the pests. Find out where they live. Knowing the location is important in planning how and when treatment can be applied.
There are two types of green pest control treatment:
- Mechanical—traps, vacuums and other mechanical means to eliminate pests.
- Organic—homemade biological solutions (e.g. garlic spray) or commercial organic pesticides.
Mechanical control is only for the short-term elimination of pests. Organic control, on the other hand, can be a long-term solution if done properly. If you don’t know how to apply organic control methods, hire the service of a green pest control company.
There are instances where different batches of pests invade the house even after treatment has just been performed in the past months. That can happen to your house if you don’t practice preventive measures, such as:
- Cleaning—prevent clutter and dispose garbage properly.
- Sealing—use screens for windows and sealants for doors and vents to keep away pests.
- Monitoring—check areas where pests have been previously spotted.